Internal /External Evaluation
The institution adopts a process of continuous evaluation through periodical tests, assignments, question-answer sessions, quiz programmes, seminars and group discussions.
- Usually, in annual exam pattern, the students are supposed to write slip tests, assignments, unit tests, quarterly examination, half yearly examination and pre-final examination.
- In the semester pattern, the students are supposed to write internal tests, participate in seminars, project works and attend semester examination.
- In the annual exam pattern, the unit tests are conducted for 25 marks, and the quarterly, half-yearly, pre-final exams and university examination are held for 100 marks each. The assignments are for 10 marks. Slip tests are mandatory and are for 10 marks each.
- In the semester exam pattern, two internal tests are conducted for 25 marks each. The (higher) better marks of the two tests are uploaded in the university website as internal exam marks. Semester exam is conducted for 75 marks.
- Half yearly / Pre-final examinations are conducted on the model of university examinations. The students know the scheme of valuation when the answer papers are evaluated and given to them.
- The question paper blueprint is made known to them beforehand. Each test is scrupulously valued and the performance is intimated to each student. Depending on the students’ performance in the examinations, they are categorized as “slow learners, average learners, and advanced learners”. Necessary measures are taken for the betterment of the slow learners.
- The University has revamped the examination system through computerization from 2013-14 i.e. online registration for exams, preparation of nominal rolls, issue of hall tickets, OMR Sheets and announcement of results and issue of Marks Memos are computerized.
- The University has introduced “Practical examination” as part of students evaluation in some subjects like mathematics, English and Commerce to make the students get practical knowledge along with the theoretical background.
- The University has introduced semester system and CBCS system for all the UG courses from the academic year 2015-16.
- Internal assessment has been introduced for all the subjects from the academic year 2015-16