- The Department of Library was started in the year 1961 with 800 books and 5 periodicals, and a Lecturer was kept in charge of the library. Later six qualified librarians have served and retired in this department. At present, there are 56323 Under Graduate documents and 1687 Post Graduate Books 350 CDs/DVDs and 31 periodicals with one qualified librarian, three record assistants, and two attendees are serving the students as well as faculty. The library is centrally located in the college in order to provide easy access to the Users.
AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- To provide Books, Journals, and Information services to the students and staff members.
- To pursue knowledge coupled with skills by reading Books & Journals.
- To develop personality, character, and self-discipline by providing with good books and periodicals.
- To inculcate research aptitude and to cultivate a scientific outlook
- Book section: 276 sq. meters. Consisting of Arts, Commerce, Sciences, Languages and reference books with Reading Tables and Chairs.
- Periodical section: 74 sq. meters. Consisting of Newspapers, Magazines, Journals & Year wise bound University old question papers with Reading Tables and chairs accommodating 40 persons at a time.
- All the under Graduate, Post Graduate Students & All Teaching and Non-Teaching staff are Members of our Library
FACULTY PROFILE – ADEQUACY AND COMPETENCY OF FACULTY
|1||P. Ravi||Librarian||MLISC., PGDLAN|
|2||Smt. S. Sarala Kumari||Recorad Assistant||B.A|
LEARNING RESOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT
|1||Total books in the library||56323|
|3||Network facility LAN||01|
|12||Copies from Central Institute of Indian Languages, Mysore||70|
|13||Central Hindi Directorate Books||920|
SUBJECT WISE BOOKS
|S.No||SUBJECT||NO. OF BOOKS|
|8||ADVT. & SALES MANAGEMENT||120|
|14||POST GRADUATE BOOKS||1687|
|15||HINDI SAHITYA ACADEMY BOOKS||712|
|16||GENERAL KNOWLEDGE AND REFERENCE||4829|
- THE WEEK
- EMPLOYMENT NEWS
- UNIVERSITY NEWS
- TELUGU VIDYARTHI
- READERS DIGEST
- SPORTS STAR
- INDIA TODAY (ENGLISH)
- INDIA TODAY (TELUGU)
- CAREER AND COMPETITION CHRONICLE
- ANDHRA PRADESH
- COMPETITION SUCCESS REVIEW
- UDYOGA SOPANAM
- PRATIYOGITA KIRAN
AMOUNT SPENT ON BOOKS AND PERIODICALS DURING THE PERIOD OF 2004-11
TOTAL AMOUNT:- 6,49,498
|Year||Amount spent on books
|Amount spent on periodical
WORKING HOURS Of THE DEPARTMENT
- 9 AM. To 5 PM. On all working days
TIMETABLE FOR ISSUE AND RETURN OF BOOKS TO STUDENTS
|MONDAY||III BA, BCom., B.Sc, M.Com, M.Sc, MA||ALL STUDENTS|
|TUESDAY||II BA, B.Com& B.Sc||ALL STUDENTS|
|WEDNESDAY||I BA, B.Com& B.Sc||ALL STUDENTS|
|THURSDAY||III BA, B.Com, B.Sc & MA., M.Com., M.Sc. Students||ALL STUDENTS|
|FRIDAY||II BA, B.Com& B.Sc||ALL STUDENTS|
|SATURDAY||I BA, B.Com& B.Sc||ALL STUDENTS|
- LIBRARY USERS STATISTICS
|1||Average No. of faculty visiting the library/day (average for the last five years)||30|
Average No. of students visiting the library/day (average for the last five years )
|3||Average No. of an issue & returns to students & Faculty/day average for the last five years||300|
- Subject wise and Class wise separate shelf lists are prepared and maintained in order to facilitate easy identification and location of books on shelves
OPAC” On-Line Public Access Catalogue is made available to the users. It is user – friendly and enables the user to search the bibliographic details with ease and speed. It allows searching by Author Title, Subject, Call number, Keywords and Boolean search, besides in case of a power failure we are also maintaining card catalog cabinet for the benefit of the library.
- Information Service: The library is offering the information service to the users using the printed and electronic resources and equipment Access of E-Journals is also available to users through the U.G.C. INFLIBNET center.
- Internet facility: The library is offering Internet browsing facility for E-Learning and for referring free E-Journals to the users.
- Current awareness services: Latest information or published literature on the particular subject of the internet is provided for the library users. Latest issues of periodicals are kept for the reference purpose. Costly and important articles from journals are downloaded through the internet and kept for the use of our readers.
- Reprographic Services: Copies of the books which cannot be lent out, articles from the periodicals and information downloaded from the internet are supplied to the needed users through Xerox copies.
- Reference services: Library is helping the users in finding simple facts like whether a particular book, CD/DVD, information is available or not in this library.
EQUIPMENT & FURNITURE
- There are sufficient Book stacks, Reading Tables, Chairs, Lights, Fans and Exhaust Fans in the book section as well as in the periodical section for comfortable sitting and Reading. Six computers are available with LAN connectivity for providing Library Automation services (with SOUL operation) and for Internet facility for E-learning to the Users
- Departmental Profile
- Individual Profiles
- Library Staff Attendance Registers
- Students visitors Registers
- Staff Visitors Registers
- Library Advisory committee Resolutions Register
- Central Accession Registers Volume – I – V
- Book Bank Accession Register
- Gift Books Accession Register
- Subject wise Catalogue Registers
- Subject Wise Shelf Lists of all subjects
- Departmental Stock Registers
- Periodicals Accession Register
- Periodicals Issue & Returns Registers
- Registers for Issue and Return of Books to Students
- Registers for Issue and Return of books To Faculty
- Reference service Registers
- UGC. Bills Registers
- Govt. Bills Registers
- Book Bank Bills Registers
- Special Fee Bills Registers
- Furniture Registers
- Dispatch Register
- Consumable Articles Registers
- Students defaulters Registers
- Cost Recovered Books Register
- Students No Dues issue Register
- Book Binding Register
- Career guidance Material
- Register for the outgoing students who secured jobs
Plan of action of the department for the next five years
The department proposed to:
- Subscribe a number of e-journals.
- Establishment of the digital library.
- Trials for construction of separate library building.
- Introduce a certificate course in Library and Information science