The Govt. of Andhra Pradesh initiated JKC in 2005 as a reliable solution to the problem of unemployment faced by students studying non-professional courses in Degree colleges of AP. The ever increasing prominence of India on the global map has paved way for a growing demand for hard working and talented students good in computer skills, communication skills and industry related skills. The doors of global job market are opened to students who can speak fluently, compute quickly, write legibly and analyze logically
Jawahar Knowledge Centre’s primary aim is to provide intensive training to students in employable skills and enable students avail themselves of the bright opportunities in the global job market. Remarkably, the centers are best utilized by the poorest of the poor and marginalized sections of the society. Students from rural areas who have no access to advantages experienced by their urban counterparts are provided the latest technologies and opportunities to upgrade their skills and encouraged to compete for better standards of living. The centre received overwhelming response from day one and the encouraging placements add to its strength and objectives.
JKCs established in degree colleges provided with a world class infrastructure and experienced faculty are totally dedicated to students and totally involved in providing the best training to help the students climb the ladder of success. JKC helps students to realize their potential and aim high in life and particularly it motivates and encourages students to be creative, independent and self reliant. JKC Centre helps students in colleges gain confidence and the ability to contribute to the economic and intellectual prosperity of the country
The Specific Objectives of JKC
- To shape students across the State and make them globally acceptable citizens
- To promote College – Industry relations through training and placements
- To provide the best of the opportunities to the students who belong to weaker and marginalized sections.
The benefits of Jawahar Knowledge Center:
- Career Awareness/ Planning Workshops
- 300 hours training
- Training Practice on employable skills
- Training by Enabled Faculty/ Industry
- Co- curricular activities to enhance Communication and Soft skills
- Campus Placement with Major MNCs
- Industry Orientation